EU CITIZENSHIPCyprus (EU) passport/citizenship
THE FREEDOM TO LIVE, WORK AND TRAVEL ANYWHERE IN THE EU
A CYPRUS PASSPORT IS THE GATEWAY TO EUROPE. CHOOSE YOUR OWN LIFESTYLE.
THE BIG BENEFITS OF EU/CYPRIOT PASSPORT:
- Fast Procedure
- Geographical position
- Business Access
Passports issued within three months. Passports issued to the investor, their spouse and dependent children up to age 28, provided they are in full-time education.
No tax consequences, unless you opt to become tax resident in Cyprus. Cyprus has no inheritance tax, has a highly favorable corporate tax structure and a comprehensive double tax treaty network.
The Republic of Cyprus allows dual citizenship. Also, citizenship is passed on by descent, thus offering a legacy to future generations.
Cyprus offers a great place to visit/live, it enjoys a strategic geographical position, offers excellent worldwide connections, has excellent infrastructure, a pleasant climate and is highly stable.
Free trade within EU through Cyprus, business access to 500 million EU citizens.
Visa-free travel to 157 countries. Cypriot passport holders can also quickly and cost effectively obtain visas for other countries, such as the USA.
GRANTING CITIZENSHIP TO INVESTORS IN THE ECONOMY OF CYPRUS!
Steps & Process...
Applicant must gather all necessary documents required for the application. All documents must be officially translated into English and certified by Apostille (If in a country which has signed the Hague Convention 1961) or alternatively stamped by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and relevant Cyprus Embassy.
If property is to be purchased prepare the Contract of Sale for residential property. Transfer money into a secured account of the Developer and obtain receipt of payment.
Lodge the application at the Ministry of Interior and payment of € 2,000 per adult application.
Citizenship approval from the Ministry of Interior within 3 months period. Once approved the fee of € 5,000 per application to be paid.
Applicant ( and spouse) must visit Cyprus within 3 months from the approval to affirm their faith to the Republic of Cyprus in the District Court and to collect their passport/s and issue their identity card/s.
Upon issuance of parent’s passport the children are being naturalized Granting.
Benefits of the program - one of a kind?
- All nationalities are eligible to apply!
- Investment as low as €2 millions
- Fast-track procedure allowing for direct gaining of citizenship within three months;
- No physical residence requirement before, during or after the approval of the citizenship application;
- No language requirements;
- No medical tests;
- No interview;
- No obligation to dispose of current nationality;
- Citizenship granted to the spouse of the investor and to the financially dependent adult children up to the age of 28 and are in full timehigher education;
- The investment must be retained for a period of 3 years after which the investor is free to dispose of it however, the investor must hold a privately-owned residence in theRepublic of Cyprus of at least €500,000 lifelong;
- Citizenship is passed on by descent subsequently offering a legacy to future generations of the investor and family;
- Cyprus passport holders can quickly and cost effectively obtain Visas for USA for 10 years.
A. Purchase Criteria for granting Cypriot citizenship by exception
- Real estate and land developing
- Purchase or creation or participation in Cypriot businesses or companies
- Investment in alternative investment funds (AIFs), financial assets of Cypriot businesses or organisations which are licensed by the Cyprus Stock Exchange Commission
- Combination of the aforementioned criteria
The applicant should have a direct investment in Cyprus of at least €2.0 million for the acquisition or development of real estate projects (residential, commercial, tourism or other infrastructure). It shall be noted that the acquisition of land is not considered to be a qualifying investment under this criterion.
The applicant must have made an investment of at least €2.0 million in the purchase, creation, or participation in businesses or companies, that are based and operating in Cyprus. These businesses or companies should evidently have a tangible presence and substantial activity in Cyprus and employ at least five (5) Cypriot or EU citizens who have been legally residing in Cyprus for a continuous period of at least 5 years.
The applicant must have purchased financial assets of at least €2.0 million (units in AIFs, bonds, debentures, other securities, etc.) registered and issued in the Republic of Cyprus, in companies or organisations with substantial economic activity in Cyprus which are regulated by the Cyprus Stock Exchange Commission.
The applicant may choose to have a combination of any of the above criteria amounting to at least €2.0 million.In the context of this criterion (i.e. combination of investments), the applicant may also purchase governmental bonds of the Republic of Cyprus of a maximum amount of €500,000.
B. Other conditions
It is noted that in addition to satisfying any one of the above criteria, the applicant must:
C. Application Criteria
- The applicant must have made an investment of €2.0 million (excluding VAT) in any qualifying investment category or a combination as described below. The investment in government bonds of the Republic of Cyprus is now restricted to €500,000.
- Must have a valid passport (must provide copies of all pages of the passport
- Birth certificate for applicant, spouse and children (if applicable);
- Marriage certificate (if applicable);
- Divorce certificate (if applicable);
- Change of name certificate (if applicable);
- Detailed biography (CV);
- Two passport size photos;
- Clear criminal record for applicant, spouse and adult children;
- Providing documents supporting the source and origin of the declared funds for investment;
- All documents must be officially translated into English. All documents must be Apostille. The documents cannot be older than 3 months on the date of the submission of the application.